FAQ: My son is in university residence, can I claim that expense?

No a parent cannot claim residence fees. The student can make a small claim on the Ontario Trillium Benfit for student residence fees. If your child lives off campus in a private home or apartment the rent can be claimed on the Ontario Trillum Benefit. Be sure to have receipts.

Eggett Tax Office - Extended Hours